Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Fixing It

This morning I walked up on Jaxson. He was SO proud of himself. He was going to surprise his daddy by "Fixing" his shoe. All the laces were pulled out and randomly sewn back threw the holes, and tied. I was just grateful Trey hadnt planned to wear those shoes today :).
But of course it got me thinking. Of all the times I've tried to "Fix Things" For God.  I am Major OCD and I cannot stand seeing a potential problem, problem or Major problem and walking away from it. Nope, i am the total opposite.  I always feel like I'm supposed to "Fix It".  Granted I don't go about this on instinct. I do look at it from a biblical perspective and how it is a problem from a biblical worldview.

However, I often neglect the fact that God wants to Show Himself through our tribulations. That in my weakness He is made strong.

How often have I rushed up to a problem trying to "Fix It" before stopping and coating it in prayer? I wonder how many times God has caught me trying to "fix" the shoe, and He had already fixed it?
I know that on one hand it is a sin to be passive and to run from a fight.  But it's also wrong for me to run up to it and manhandle it in My strength trying to "Fix It for God."  He doesn't need me to "Fix It" He needs me to be His moldable clay, and to be humbly used By His Grace and for His Glory!

Psalms 46
1 God is our refuge and strength,
   a very present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way,
   though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,
3 though its waters roar and foam,
   though the mountains tremble at its swelling.
                         Selah
4There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
   the holy habitation of the Most High.
5 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved;
   God will help her when morning dawns.
6The nations rage, the kingdoms totter;
   he utters his voice, the earth melts.
7 The LORD of hosts is with us;
   the God of Jacob is our fortress.
                         Selah

 8Come, behold the works of the LORD,
   how he has brought desolations on the earth.
9 He makes wars cease to the end of the earth;
   he breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
   he burns the chariots with fire.
10"Be still, and know that I am God.
   I will be exalted among the nations,
   I will be exalted in the earth!"
11 The LORD of hosts is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.

No comments:

Post a Comment