Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Learning to Know my Masters Voice

John 10:3-5...The sheep hear His voice, and He calls His own sheep by name and leads them out. When He has brought out all His own, He goes before them, and the sheep follow Him, for they know His voice. A stranger they will not follow, but they will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers."

How stinking humbling and Amazing is it that the God of the Universe, The Creator of the Heavens and The Earth. The One who has authority over the Tides of the Ocean. Who holds the world in the Palm of His Mighty hand. (Col.1:13-20)  The One Who has many things that He could busy Himself with, desires to have a Personal relationship with me. Or should I say me.  That blows my Mind!

As I said before, God really started working in my heart several months back about being a Green Light Disciple. (Which became our DNow Theme this year) Meaning taking ministry out of the box. Ministry isn't some kind of organized, time scheduled thing - it is a Daily Calling on our Lives. It's daily, 24hrs of constantly seeking Christ to show you where He desires to use you. 

John 4:35
Do you not say, 'There are yet four months, then comes the harvest'? Look, I tell you, lift up your eyes, and see that the fields are white for harvest.

Since God laid this on my heart back in September I've been praying that God would show me All that means: God says there's a field White for Harvest - God's Powerful - He desires a Personal Relationship with us - His sheep Know His voice - we're supposed to have a close enough relationship to call Him DaddyABUNDANT LIFE.  These are ALL Truths I've known and have been taught. Truthfully, however, I don't think I've known many to live them Fully out. Don't get me wrong. I know many Godly people. Many who serve God, but not many that Serve God without limitations.
It's just been regurgitated Truths. So I've lived them like regurgitated truths. The, "I know I serve a Big God but I'm not sure how much to trust or how to live it Fully out".  My mission has been to take it, apply it and see what it looks like lived out.

Here's What I'm Learning:

  1. You cannot live the abundant life until you have a Fully Surrendered Life.
  2. I've learned that ministry experience should not come from the Pulpit, or the "mission field", or teaching ability. Meaning the Lord has allowed you to experience different things which may have given you different talents or Comfort Zones. You CANNOT do ministry relying on your own strength.  IF you want to see God use you. Surrender, Seek His direction and Jump!  
  3. Knowing God's Voice! We must learn to recognize His leading. We must learn the difference between His voice and our own. This is what I am learning right now.  Which is kinda funny because I've found different ways that God speaks and some are easier to obey than others. 
    1. He speaks within your comfort zone, so it's an easy, Yes Sir! 
    2. He speaks on your comfort Zone Border. Which is harder b/c you have to learn His voice vs. your own.
      1. You know its Him because it's a pestering, you see a thousand things going on around you and yet He draws your attention to this one thing, and melts your heart in a direction towards it. It may be teaching a Sunday School Class or it may be a split second decision like talking to a man at the store.
    3. He Speaks Completely Way Out of your Comfort Zone and into the Random Zone.
      1. Makes you think,
        1. "Lord, is that You."
        2. "I Can't do that, it makes no Sense." 
        3. "Lord, I don't have the Resources for that."
        4. "Lord, They're going to think I'm crazy."
        5. "Lord, I can't say those words because it might offend her/him."
        6. .....
This is Why I am so grateful for my grandmother sending me the book God Guides a year ago.  He brought it to my attention at just the right time in my life. It's about a missionary to India who journaled the Lord teaching her these same truths.
Which brings me to God provides. When the Lord is directing towards something He's already prepared the way, all we have to do is trust and follow through.
I'm praying for God to use me. Take my little daily moments and use them to accomplish His purposes and His plans.  I have to say there have been several times I've disobeyed. Not deliberately but because I'm learning His voice, and I was unsure I was Him at the time and yet He made it clear, it was Him after I disobeyed.

Funny thing is with one He told me Specific words to speak to a dear friend of mine, and I didn't want to. I was afraid to hurt her and I didn't want to offend her, and I wasn't use to the Lord filling my mouth with His words.  Didn't know the Lord worked that way. The Lord made it clear that week it was Him speaking to me and I had disobeyed.  The next time I saw her I apologized and told her, that the Lord had given me words to speak to her and I disobeyed.

This particular amazing woman had been So burdened and weighed down and not herself for months. When the Lord told me to speak these words to her I was scared because I didn't want her to think that I took her pain lightly, or thought her pain wasn't warranted. The very next Sunday (before I apologized to her) she was a different person, her spirit was New, she was glowing and her burden had been lifted.  After I apologized she laughed a little and told me that The Lord had guided one of her very Godly friends to speak those exact words to her that same week. Wow!
The Lord Slapped me with it though. He said, "I don't Need you. I want to use you, but I don't need you."  Isn't it awesome how the God of the universe wants to use us, and again us? He's WAY bigger than us. we are but clay in the Potter's hands. He doesn't need us but He desires to use us. I am excited to see What's Next Lord, while I'm learning to know my Master's Voice!

(http://www.god-guides.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment