Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Simple Vessel

This Past Weekend Jason Patterson mentioned:
2 Tim 2:20 Now in a large house there are not only gold and silver vessels, but also vessels of wood and of earthenware, and some to honor and some to dishonor.
 21 Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from these things, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work.

I never paid attention to those verses. The entire Chapter could Preach a thousand different messages, but he said it and God said, "Melissa, did you hear me that time?" Jason went a different direction with the verses from what so profoundly slapped me, but I knew I needed to read it and meditate on it myself.

God has SO many different types vessels - All of which He is Their Master. The vessels are created to do His Work. Whether or not the work is considered Noble or Small by our human standards.   I often fall into sin by overlooking the small things that God desires for me to do.  The day to day opportunities God presents me with to be used by Him.

I've been praying that God would make my eyes and heart sensitive to Him and His leading. Here's a few things that have made me whence at how badly I've failed Him.

  1. How dare I EVER be annoyed by someone. To be annoyed by someone is to think of myself as Greater or of higher value than they are. It also means that I am completely forgetting the Grace I desire others to give me when I may be considered Annoying.  If I am to judge people by the same measuring stick I wish to be judged by, my measuring stick better be filled with Grace.
  2. Often, when my immediate impulse is to be annoyed there's an opportunity for me to minister. (take on the role of a Servant.)
  3. God usually opens the most opportunities, for me, to be used by Him When I'm in a hurry, and being His mouth piece is the farthest from my mind.
  4. I don't have much to give so I won't give any. (That's the blunt version of the Heart issue)
I've mentioned to the Teens how I get frustrated about how much I want to be used by God and how very  limited I feel.  I realize that, that does not only happen to me. I feel like that is the First Major Missile Defense of Satan on God's People. To make us feel like, "Well, what can I do." So instead we sit on the sidelines or go on a snack break and do Nothing.
When instead, I should realize Heck, there IS Nothing I can do in My own Flesh but by the Power of God. I can do What He's calling me to do at this moment. Even if it is giving only $5 a month a ministry God has placed on your heart. Or helping your new neighbor move in. Or speaking to that person at the Grocery Store that God has drawn your attention to.  I've always used the excuse, "Well, I don't know what to say. I can't witness if I don't know what to say, or I'll feel stupid."
When isn't it interesting that God Created that mouth and that tongue to be used for His Glory?  How dare I Doubt my God and not give Him full authority over it.

The Point of all this is whether I'm a vessel made of gold or of marred Clay I want to be used by God, For His Purposes and Through His Grace.  Even if I am a one gal Army making small Strides for his Glory!



Romans 9:21 Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use?

I am Down with Being God's cereal bowl :)



No comments:

Post a Comment