Thursday, July 28, 2011

Re: What is a Weed?

I have yet to read a post that touched my heart so deeply. It is very short and to the point but the words speak deep to my heart! We are Never to overlook God's greatest treasures with our own prejudices. May your heart be blessed as richly as mine. 
Thank you for your words Ms. Jacqueline Line
You will find the post at the link below.




Isaiah 61:1-4
1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to bring good news to the poor;[a]
he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim liberty to the captives,
and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;[b]
2 to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor,
and the day of vengeance of our God;
to comfort all who mourn;
3to grant to those who mourn in Zion—
to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness instead of mourning,
the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit;
that they may be called oaks of righteousness,
the planting of the LORD, that he may be glorified.[c]
4 They shall build up the ancient ruins;
they shall raise up the former devastations;
they shall repair the ruined cities,
the devastations of many generations
.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa! I'm so excited to feature your blog today!!! :-) Please come by if you have time and thanks again for partnering with me in raising awareness of childhood hunger.

    Blessings!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that passage in Isaiah. I'll have to check out that link!

    ReplyDelete