Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Crazy Coffee Love

I am a very blessed lady. Every morning my sweet husband makes my coffee. It's just our thing. It should have been listed in our vows somewhere because it is such an important part of our relationship.  :) 

I delight in my coffee, I take pleasure in my coffee, it is a sacred time of day for me. I can accomplish nothing (with a smile at least) until I have had my first cup of coffee.

There are days that Trey gets up (and this was one of them) where he fills the back with water and goes to get the coffee and he realizes we're almost out, maybe 2 scoops at most, and he thinks to himself, "I might be able to pull this off"  :)  Which if anyone knows 2 scoops on a normal 6 scoop pot is brown water. It's Horrible!  For something that I delight in, that I find So much pleasure in to drink it, thinking it's authentic and it's Horrible.  It's Trash!

I know that's pretty descriptive but it is So true. I do manage my reactions better than my feelings towards it.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking lightly that it is crazy awesome and sweet of Trey to do this daily but I'm being blunt with my true heart towards it because of what the Lord showed me this morning. 

The Lord has brought to mind, in different ways, repeatedly over the last few days the idea of the Luke Warm Church.  In songs, the bible, people I'm talking with will bring it up or even searching for new stuff from my favorite pastors on YouTube.  I love it when God does that, brings a principal to mind for you to meditate on because He's about to teach you something Crazy.

The bible talks about the Luke Warm church in Revelation 3:14-22
15“I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. 16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. In Vain do they worship me.

The Lord Delights in us and for us come before Him as Ho-Hum, about the God of our Salvation, makes Him want to Vomit us out of His mouth. The Lord Requires our Authentic Worship. The Lord knows our hearts. 

Even though my coffee was in the coffee cup and it looked like coffee, It was Far from the coffee I was looking for.  It offended my senses. :) I am laughing about how dramatic, I know, I am being but how truthful I am being at the same time. I would rather have no coffee made than perfectly good coffee wasted for the purpose of weak coffee. 

Even though I have this Crazy, Redonkulous love for coffee it Fails in comparison to God's Desire and Need of our worship and Our lives. Maybe He made me this crazy about coffee so that on this day I would receive a glimpse of How much He despises un-Authentic Worship and our Luke Warm Lives.


Concerning Tradition in the Church:


Mark 7:5-8
5 Then the Pharisees and scribes asked Him, “Why do Your disciples not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashed hands?”
6 He answered and said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written:

             This people honors Me with their lips,
      But their heart is far from Me.
       7 In vain they worship Me,
      Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’

 8 For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men—the washing of pitchers and cups, and many other such things you do.”


Just Because we've accepted a practice as Our Tradition
Does Not make the practice Holy! It is actually far from it,
and if we continue in this way to allow things that are not of God to Define Him,
who we think He is and our view of Him 
we run the risk of turning Our View of Him into
Our (g)od instead of Pursuing Him and Learning Him and allowing Him to shape our knowledge of Himself.
Luke 19:37-40
37As he was drawing near—already on the way down the Mount of Olives— the whole multitude of his disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen, 38saying,"Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord! Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!" 39And some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to him, "Teacher, rebuke your disciples." 40He answered, "I tell you, if these were silent, the very stones would cry out."


God Requires Authentic Praise!  I Do Not want a Rock to cry out in my place!



1 comment: