Thursday, May 19, 2011

When I'm not looking

I have to admit, there are days I get so frustrated and discouraged because I Really want to have some time "Alone" with God, and as a mommy "Alone Time" is a thing of the past.  I try to get up early and I promise, the kids hear me open my bible, and I cannot concentrate if I have anything going on around me so this is Really a Task :)

I take the kids outside to play and I pull out my bible and Jax has a question, then Pait does everything Jax does so here she comes trying to say what Jax said, it really is adorable, but I can't spend time with God with so much going on.  I feel like I can't be the mommy they need me to be if I don't get to spend the time with Him that I need. I don't feel like I can be the wife I need to be or minister in the way He's called me to if I can't spend time with Him.

The other day I was having one of these battles in search of quiet time so I took the kids outside to play and I sat on the front porch and Pait came up to me and she said, "Bible, Bible" so she grabbed one of my bibles and sat down beside me and pretended to read.
God showed me that even though I'm not Really getting to spend time with Him the way I would like my walk is having an impact on my children's life, I am called to be a missionary to my children, and they mimic my every move.  When I'm not looking at my attitude, actions or words, they are!  My friend Sunshine told me the other day, "God made us mom's. He knows our life is hectic." 
While that is in no way a justification to not spend time with God, because spending time with God is not an obligation.  We are Blessed to be able to boldly approach God and present our requests to Him and to have Him mold us into His vessels to be used for His Good Purposes, and for Him to give us His peace as we walk on shaky ground. How on earth could that be considered an obligation?

I am learning to adapt to this era in my life with Him. Enjoy this time with my children and to meditate on His word throughout the day.

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

1 comment: