Friday, August 5, 2011

Questions Effecting Our Culture I

Have you ever been asked the question:
"Should I force my child to go to church or give them the choice?"

If you haven't you more than likely will. This is a question that is currently having a large effect on churches and Christianity. First of all the question is a false dichotomy, with a ton of underlying implications.  Over the next several days (...if not weeks) I will do my best to humbly, biblically tear this question apart to it's roots.  Please be prayerful about this with me.

I have yet to write out anything so difficult. I started to write it in one post and it was way too much information to swallow in one sitting, or even three. It's difficult to organize because there are so many implications that follow the question.
Post your thoughts, tell me what you see scripturally or what you have been faced with personally.  If you would like to email me I would Love to hear what you think.  If you would like to encourage this post with relevant  verses please send them I would love to hear from you.

Let me leave you with these quick thoughts:

No worldview should be overlooked.  Nor should we jump to a conclusion based on: "Well, this is what I've always been taught, this is where I stand and I cannot be moved!"  We shouldn't base our thoughts on how we feel or what would be easiest.  Every question needs to be pointed back to the bible and answered through a biblical worldview. 

If you can't address the root of an illness and you only address the surface symptoms you will soon have a mass infection.

His Clay,
Melissa Bradley


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. As a parent we need to teach by example. So take your child to church. My rejection of the church today is probably grounded in the fact that my parents forced me to Sunday School, and other ministry based events, but never went themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim, That is an excellent point. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't raised in church, though from the youngest of age I knew spiritual things. I knew my soul would never die. I even felt "There is no escape" ...

    Since I DIDN'T have a biblical foundation, I opened all sorts of doors to demons (because I just didn't know the consequences of my actions). I didn't know how to battle with the Word of God. I JUST DIDN'T KNOW. Nobody told me. My parents couldn't help me because THEY didn't know. So now I raise my own daughter. She already loves Jesus at the age of almost 6. She has seen Mommy lay hands on the sick and has seen them recover. She is experiencing God in every day life. She is memorizing scriptures and building a COMPLETELY different foundation than I was given.

    So ... with that: Proverbs 22:6 Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.

    Bless you!
    Beth

    http://mydestinysharinghope.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your input Beth! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like where you are going with this. The question DOES make a lot of assumptions. Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete