Monday, February 6, 2012

And I Knew He was the One -{Guest Post Ann Stringer}


Here's a post from my sweet friend Ann Stringer from Stringer Mama. I am so excited to have her posting here today. I appreciate her precious friendship so much!


Dont don't forget to link up for the
...and I Knew He was the One
Contest and Link-Up!

~Please Welcome~
Ann Stringer
to
Beautiful Mommy Feet

....................


“Dad!!! I really want a boyfriend!”

I sobbed, and I mean SOBBED on my dad’s shoulder. My sister was already planning on marrying her
boyfriend and she was YOUNGER than I was by two years! In just three short months I would be graduating from college and then heading back to literally “no-man’s land” at least, no CHRISTIAN man I would ever dream of marrying lived in no-man’s land.

My hometown was a mere 500 people and our church was only about 30 people so it truly was a place where I would not meet a man of my dreams.

Therefore, I was devastated by this state of singleness I found myself. My dad then told me those horrible, dreadful words that every fiber of my BEING wanted to throw back at him and make him take back. “Maybe God doesn’t want you to get married.” HA! That’s ridiculous! My life verse at
the time was:

“Delight
thyself in the Lord and
He will
give you the desires of thine heart.”
Psalm 37:4


The desire of my heart is to be married. Period. Dad just didn’t understand that! Oh, but he did and as he continued to talk to me I realized that maybe I wasn’t delighting myself in the Lord like I thought I was at all. I had made this demand for a husband and was at that moment throwing a little temper tantrum at my Lord because He wasn’t giving me what I wanted.
It took a little time for this new thought to sink from my head into my heart but within a week my heart and mind had clicked together and I prayed:

“Lord, I don’t
understand why there is no man in my
life because I know it’s
what I desire.
But I want what You
desire for my life to be what I desire.
Please help me be
content with being single if that is what You plan for me.
I know that You are
the only one who can take this ache and emptiness
and fill it up with a love for You.
Amen.”

A week later I was shopping for a house there in that small town two blocks from my parents house and I was excited about this new life I was preparing for myself. I found a house and was in the process of filling out the necessary paperwork to apply for a loan when I got a phone call. It was a man. And he asked me to go on a date with him. Needless to say, I did not buy that house because at the end of that date this pastoral-major classmate asked me to be his girlfriend and within 6 weeks we were engaged.

That man is now my wonderful and amazing husband and even today we still stand in awe about how God brought us together.
I wasn’t the only one who had to find their contentment in God and God alone
first, my husband did too. But when he did, God laid my name on his heart and
that was when he made that call. You can read more about our amazing love story in a 6-part series on my blog, Stringer Mama.

 
In HIS Grip,





About Ann: Being married to the pastor may seem to be an awe-inspiring position, but for me, I know that life as a pastor's wife is not abnormal from any other woman seeking to serve God with her life. Because there are so many Pastor's wives out there who feel as though they are alone in their attempts to keep their fishbowl or image spotless, I have decided to let people SEE into my fishbowl and in the process encourage other women who will find they are just like me. Women struggle with many of the same things and Pastor's wives are no exception - feel free to come alongside and see how I live my life enjoying the string of responsibilities and loves that God has fashioned just for me on my blog www.StringerMama.com!